Basic Canon Printer Errors
If you experience issues, here are the Canon Printers FAQs and solutions recommendation or contact Help-desk 1-800-643-9773 for customized troubleshooting guides.
- If the printer is USB connected, unplug the USB cable and leave it unplugged.
- Remove any software from windows 11.
- Open the control panel and select devices and printers then add and remove programs.
- Remove all canon software.
- Reconfigure the printer spooler Services in windows 11 services.
- Scroll down the list until you see the Print Spooler, right click on it, select stop and then click start.
- Next, plug in your printer’s USB cable. You will hear a normal USB connection sound.
- Update the Windows driver and click the check box next to Canon update.
- Now you can print it. If it gives you a connection error dialog on the print box, unplug your USB cable and reconnect it to the same USB port.
- Turn the PIXMA printer ON.
- Press and hold the Wireless icon on the printer control panel.
- The wireless button light starts flashing indicating that the printer is looking for a network.
- Press the Color Button, then the power button starts flashing and the wifi network light stops and stays strong.
- Press the Color button again, the Wireless light will start flashing and now the power light is strong.
- Return to the computer application screen and run the printer installation software.
- Follow the progressing screen to complete the Canon Printer Wifi configuration.
- Make sure the Power, Network and wireless lights are strong and stable.
Congratulations Your Canon Pixma printer is now connected.
If you still can’t make it, contact the support team at 1-800-643-9773 to get an appointment.
Enable the option to use the printer online.
- On most computers, click the windows 8,10 or 11 icon on the left.
- In the search bar, search for Control Panel.
- Select the View devices and printers option right next to Hardware and Sound.
- Next, select the printer you want to edit.
- Right-click and select View What Is Printing.
- Click the printer tab in the top left corner of the newly opened window.
- Unchecked the option USE Printer Offline if checked.
- Now click printers again to cancel all print jobs still in the queue.
- Try printing again and if its not working then contact your nearest printer repair center 1-800-643-9773 to request a repair.
Click the OK button to correct the error, and then perform the actions below.
- Verify that the printhead alignment sheet is positioned in the correct position and distance on the platen glass.
- Check that platen glass and printhead alignment paper are clean
- Verify that the type and size of paper loaded is appropriate for Automatic Print Head Alignment.
- Always insert plain paper such as A4 size or Large Paper for Automatic Print Head Alignment.
- Check that the printhead nozzle is clogged. Print the nozzle test pattern and check the quality of the print head.
- If the error is not corrected, connect the device to the computer and align the printhead on the printer driver.
- Open the printer driver installation window.
- Now, select the Align heads manually check box in the Custom Settings dialog box, and then adjust the print head position.
- Check the rear tray for paper.
- When the paper tray is empty, place paper in the outer tray.
- Check that the paper is securely inserted.
- Align the paper guides with the two edges of the paper when loading paper.
- Follow the instructions above and press the device’s Black or Color button to check printing.
- Grasping the paper with both hands, pull it gently as if from the paper output or back tray, whichever is easier.
- If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine back on. The paper can simply be removed.
- If paper jams occur during printing and the machine must be shut down to remove it, press the Stop button to stop printing before turning the machine off.
- If the paper is torn and you cannot remove the paper jam from the paper outlet or the outer tray, remove the paper from the machine.
- Reload the paper and press the Black or Color button on the printer.
- The printer resumes printing. Reprint the printed page if it did not print properly due to paper jams.
- If you turn off the machine in instruction number 2, the print data sent to the machine is deleted. Repeat the printing process.
Press the device’s Black or Color button to continue printing. Contact your nearest printer service provider 1-800-643-9773 to request a repair.
- Note: Do not tilt the machine during operation as the ink may seep into it.
- If the machine cannot be turned on, unplug it and move the printhead holder to the far right.
- If the error does not clear, press the OFF/ON key to turn the printer on, and then unplug it.
- If the appliance cannot be turned off, disconnect the power cord.
- Make sure the tank is securely closed.
- Pull out the paper exit tray and output tray extension, then close the paper door.
- Unplug the printer USB cable from the computer and printer, then disconnect the power cord.
- If it still does not fix the problem. Press and hold the stop button, then release when the Alarm light flashes 7 times. The printer is set in transport mode and does not work.
- Unplug the power code and contact us for your printer service.
- Call us at 1-800-643-9773 to schedule a wait-free appointment.
Interrupt printing and turn off the printer and follow these steps before making any changes:
- Make sure that the printhead (cartridge) holder is not obstructed by inserts, jammed paper, and so on.
- Remove any obstacles.
- Make sure the print heads (cartridges) are properly installed.
- Turn the machine on again.
If this does not fix the issue, call 1-800-643-9773 to request a fix.
- This error is only appears when your printer is full with damaged ink absorber kit.
- This is an alert from your printer for a service.
Contact your nearest printer repair center 1-800-643-9773 to request a repair.
- Turn off the Canon printer and open the printer head flap when changing cartridges.
- There is no need to close the cover or remove the lock.
- Turn on the printer settings and wait until the cartridge moves to the left.
- Close the printhead cover and leave the machine running.
- Check if the problem is fixed. If not, turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord.
Contact your nearest printer repair center 1-800-643-9773 to request a repair.
- Turn off the device and unplug it.
- Reinstall the machine and turn it back on.
If this does not resolve the issue, contact your nearest printer repair center 1-800-643-9773 to request a repair.
Most common error with Canon Printers FAQs and Solutions for Selphy printers
If you experience persistent issues with Canon Selfie Printers, we recommend that you refer to the FAQ’s below or contact HelpDesk 1-800-643-9773 support for customized troubleshooting guides.
If your Canon printer displays an error icon (LCD monitor) or displays an error message such as (Paper and ink mismatch) or (No Ink), please check the paper cassette and ink combination mismatch.
Do error messages (paper and ink mismatch) or (no ink) appear?
- If you are loading two or more cards, flip the paper over before loading.
- Align the edges before inserting the sheets.
- If you are loading multiple pages, make sure that the stacked paper exceeds the loaded paper.
- Regardless of how you print, always place the paper in the direction of the image.
- Turn the print facing UP and insert the paper. Place the stack of paper on the right side of the page tray and use the paper guide to slide and touch the left side of the stack.
To prevent negative results or printer malfunctions, avoid using the following types of paper:
- Folded, crumpled, or wrinkled paper.
- A wet paper.
- Thin or very thick paper.
- photographs or postcards.
- Double-packed envelope.
- folded or processed documents.
- Paper not rectangular.
- Paper bound with staples or glue.
- Paper with glitter and other decorations.
Perform the following checks:
- Ensure that the media type and paper size settings match the loaded paper.
- Make sure there are no foreign objects in the rear tray.
- Prepare the paper feed roller.
If the paper source settings have not changed since you purchased this printer, Canon printer has a paper source cassette.
Configuring the Canon printer driver.
This printer has two sources of paper, a rear tray and a cassette.
The procedure for configuring a document source is as follows:
- Open the Printer Driver Installation window.
- Select the document source.
From the Paper Source list on the Main tab, select a paper source that matches your purpose.
- Choose for yourself: Plain paper with Large Page Paper is supplied from a cassette. Other sizes of plain paper and extra forms of paper are supplied from the rear tray.
- Rear Tray: Paper is always fed from the rear tray.
- Cassette recording: Paper is always supplied from the cassette.
- Continuous auto-feed: When the specified paper source runs out, the printer automatically switches to the paper source.
- Distribution of paper: If the media type for printing data is plain paper and the paper size matches the paper distribution system, the printer automatically dispenses paper from the cassette. Otherwise, the printer dispenses paper from the rear tray.
To change the paper allocation settings, click Paper Allocation, specify the Paper Size for the cassette, and then click OK.
The procedure for configuring a document source is as follows.
Open the Printer Driver Installation window:
- On the Maintenance tab, click Paper Source Setting for Plain Paper.
- Select a paper source for the plain paper, and then click OK.
- selection settings are enabled from now on.
There are two sources of paper to feed the printer, cassette and rear tray.
You can load paper from any paper source based on page size and paper media type. Paper is fed from the cassette or rear tray depending on the page size or media type selected.
What are the important steps I need to follow when inserting paper?
- When loading two or more sheets, flip the sheet before loading.
- When loading two or more sheets, align the edges of the sheets before loading.
- When loading two or more sheets, ensure that the stacked sheets do not exceed the sheet weight limit.
- Regardless of how it is printed, whether in a Rear Tray or Cassette, always carry a copy of the image orientation.
- When loading paper into the Rear Tray, insert the paper with the printed side facing UP and insert the Paper Guides on both sides of the paper.
- When loading paper into the cassette, move the paper guide forward to align with the corresponding page thickness mark.
Media that you cannot use.
Do not use the following forms. Using this type of paper will not only result in poor results, but will also cause the printer to crash or malfunction.
- A folded, folded, or folded piece of paper.
- Wet paper
- Paper thinner than a postcard, including a small cutout of plain paper or paper.
- Paper smaller than A5
- Sending pictures
- Embossed or processed envelopes, gummed ribbons.
- Non-square paper
- Paper with glitter and other decorations.
Make sure the inner cover is fully closed.
Most Common Canon Printer Ink Error Code
If you experience ink cartridge issues with Canon Printers, we recommend that you refer to the FAQ’s below or contact Help-desk 1-800-643-9773 support for customized troubleshooting guides.
- Do not touch the electrical connector or the printhead nozzle of the fine cartridge. If you touch them, the device may not print properly.
- If a fine cartridge is removed, replace it immediately. Do not remove the fine cartridge from the machine.
- Use a new fine cartridge to replace. Installing a used fine cartridge may cause clogging of the nozzles.
- The machine with the micro-cartridge cannot correctly tell you when to replace the fine cartridge.
- After inserting the fine cartridge, do not remove it from the machine and leave it outside. This will cause the fine cartridge to run dry and the machine may not work properly when reloaded.
- Use the fine cartridge within six months of the first use to maintain optimal printing.
- The only way to fix this problem is to install a proper FINE cartridge.
- If error 1403 is not resolved, contact support at 1-800-643-9773.
- Printing cannot be recognized because the printhead or cartridge is not installed properly or may not be compatible with this printer.
- Install the correct print head Ink cartridge.
- To cancel printing, press the printer’s Stop button.
- Printing cannot be done because the ink cartridge is not installed properly or may not be compatible with this device
- Install the appropriate ink cartridge.
- To cancel printing, press the machine’s Stop button.
- Follow the 1401 Error code when the FINE Cartridge needs to be replaced.
- If error 1684 is not resolved, call support at 1-800-643-9773.
- Open the paper exit cover.
- When the head cover is open, push the ink cartridge lock lever up to verify that the fine cartridge is securely installed.
- Next, close the paper exit cover.
- If the error is not corrected, remove the fine cartridges, then reinsert them.
- Replacing a good Cartridge.
- If you need to replace a fine cartridge, follow the 1401 Error code.
- If error 1687 is not resolved, call support at 1-800-643-9773.